Big I Oregon encourages member employers with job openings and individuals looking for jobs to post classified ads on this page. To post an ad, send an email to Tyra Dressel with the ad either in the body of the email or as an attached Word document. Ads will be posted for 3 months unless otherwise advised. This service is FREE for members, if you are not a member of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of Oregon (IIABO) there is a one time charge of $250 to post your listing.
Commercial Lines Account Manager - Posted 9/12/2023:
Huggins Insurance Services, in partnership with Bliss Sequoia Insurance are seeking a full-time Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager to join our growing team.
If you want to be a part of a growing independent insurance agency in the Pacific Northwest, join us! We are proud to have a culture of professionalism, team work, and a fun work environment that allows you to learn, grow, and more importantly enjoy what you do. Our ideal candidate must provide superior service to our clients by promptly responding to their inquiries and addressing their individual needs and preferences. Position is in office, remote or hybrid.
We are thankful not be part of “Corporate America". Unlike “Corporate America", we do not make decisions solely based on revenues. Rather, as a locally owned independent agency we operate with our employees and clients coming first and foremost. We believe our employees are our greatest asset. With that in mind, we have an open-door policy, friendly atmosphere and have fun!
Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Support sales staff in new business generation
- Contribute with assessing the needs of our current and prospective clients
- Complete ACORD applications and bind coverage
- Select the most appropriate carrier that matches our client's needs
- Insurance company on-line rating
- Policy review and delivery
- Policy Billing
- Service the needs of clients with claims, changes, answering coverage questions, and developing a positive working relationship with your assigned clients
Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager Requirements:
- Must possess current Oregon Property and Casualty Insurance License
- Experience with independent insurance agency operations preferred
- Experience with nonprofit groups preferred
- Looking for deep knowledge in the commercial lines of insurance, servicing accounts with premiums ranging from $1K to $50K+
- Accurate and efficient administration
- Experienced and proficient Excel and Microsoft Office suite skills required
- Knowledge of AMS is a big plus
- Knowledgeable on insurance company on-line rating systems
- Excellent written or verbal communication skills
Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager Benefits:
Commercial Lines Account Manager - Posted 6/22/2023:
- Highly competitive compensation based upon experience
- Salary range starting: $55,000- $75,000 annually
- Excellent benefits package includes:
- Dental, Life, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401k with employer match
- Personal fitness program reimbursement
- Costco membership
- Calculated annual bonus
To apply: huggins.com/information/career-opportunities
Emery & Karrigan, Inc. is a premier provider of insurance for the crane and rigging industry. Our reputation as a leader has been built on carefully developed relationships with carriers that also specialize in this industry and always going above and beyond for our clients.
Currently seeking a Commercial Lines Account Manager with a passion for being a positive and supportive team member and providing exceptional service to their clients.
Core responsibilities include:
- Act as an integral part of the E&K team, assisting the Producers in the maintenance of Commercial Lines accounts.
- Provide technical support to Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Schedules appointments with clients as requested by Sales Executive/Account Executive(s). May accompany sales Executive/Account Executive on prospect and client meetings as requested by Sales Executive.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s).
- Completes applications in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates (which include participating in large certificate projects in office), policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices in a timely manner. Also responsible for follow up on payments due from client.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Sales Executives/Account Executive(s) according to agency procedures.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections between client and carrier when needed.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Sales Executive/Account Executive(s). Processes and follows up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Thorough documentation is required on each account with proper E&O procedures strictly followed.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Other duties and special technical projects as assigned.
Experience and Education
- The ideal candidate must hold a current Property and Casualty Producer license for the state of Oregon and have five or more years of commercial lines insurance experience. He/she must possess above average computer knowledge/skills. The ability to demonstrate independent decision-making, time management and accuracy in processing transactions is required.
- Education – High School Graduate, college degree preferred.
- Preferred experience in construction insurance and with Applied EPIC agency management system.
- Health Insurance for employee and family – employer paid
- Dental Insurance - employer paid
- Paid time off
- Free Parking
Weekly day range:
Typical Work Hours:
- $75,000 - $100,000 DOE (non-exempt)